San Francisco News
Dead baby whale found in San Francisco Bay
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A dead whale was towed out of San Francisco Bay Tuesday afternoon.
The Coast Guard issued a safety warning to boaters as the whale was being towed away late Tuesday afternoon.
It was found floating near the San Francisco Ferry Building and Pier 5 earlier in the day. No word yet on why it died.
They removed the whale just in time for the start of an international yacht race which began in the early evening.
san francisco news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos