San Francisco News
Dead baby whale found in San Francisco Bay
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A dead whale was towed out of San Francisco Bay Tuesday afternoon.
The Coast Guard issued a safety warning to boaters as the whale was being towed away late Tuesday afternoon.
It was found floating near the San Francisco Ferry Building and Pier 5 earlier in the day. No word yet on why it died.
They removed the whale just in time for the start of an international yacht race which began in the early evening.
san francisco news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M 24 min ago
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- Broadband in schools gets boost from tech gurus
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies 13 min ago
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday