San Francisco News
Maria Shriver attends SF volunteerism event
SAN FRANCISCO -- California First Lady Maria Shriver will visit San Francisco's Glide Memorial Church this afternoon for a discussion with international leaders on service and volunteering.
The event brought together nonprofits, community activists, government leaders, teachers and journalists from around the world as part of the U.S. Department of State's International Visitor Leadership Program.
More than 150 people from 95 countries attended, according to Shriver's office.
maria shriver, volunteerism, san francisco news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF 2 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student 30 min ago
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos