San Francisco News
Maria Shriver attends SF volunteerism event
SAN FRANCISCO -- California First Lady Maria Shriver will visit San Francisco's Glide Memorial Church this afternoon for a discussion with international leaders on service and volunteering.
The event brought together nonprofits, community activists, government leaders, teachers and journalists from around the world as part of the U.S. Department of State's International Visitor Leadership Program.
More than 150 people from 95 countries attended, according to Shriver's office.
maria shriver, volunteerism, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 54 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Stanford grad wins big deal on "Shark Tank"
32 min ago