San Francisco News
Three arrested after bar fight in Sunset District
SAN FRANCISCO -- Three men were arrested in San Francisco early Sunday morning on suspicion of assaulting another man outside a Sunset District bar, leaving him unconscious and bleeding in the street, police said.
Police found the victim, a 22-year-old San Francisco man, lying on San Francisco Municipal Railway tracks in the 1400 block of Taraval Street at about 12:40 a.m.
The man was unresponsive and bleeding from the head, police said. He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital in critical condition.
Police did not have an update on his condition this afternoon.
Three men -- Herman Yeung, 29, of Oakland, Michael Lien Hoa Ha, 26, of San Francisco, and Alex Tao, 27, of San Francisco -- were arrested at the scene.
Police said several witnesses told investigators that two groups of men, one of which included the victim, began arguing inside a nearby bar, the Dragon Lounge at 1355 Taraval St. The argument then continued outside.
The victim was apparently punched and then kicked in the head while on the ground, police said.
Yeung, Ha and Tao were booked into jail on suspicion of attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon, police said.
sunset district, crime, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 58 min ago
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF 2 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school 40 min ago
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info 6 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday