San Francisco News
Groups says UCSF neeeds to cut administrative jobs
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The University of California San Francisco needs to cut 500 administrative jobs in its next round of belt tightening.
That was the conclusion of an outside advisory group hired to help the university find up to $40 million in cost savings.
If the group's plan is adopted, 200 of the job cuts would come in UCFS's information technology department.
The report blasts the IT department saying it lacks goals and accountability, and that service is spotty.
UCSF, layoff, school cuts, school layoffs, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF 7 min ago
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash 44 min ago
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco
- Emotional stress may be linked to coronary problems
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year 35 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday