San Francisco News
Family of woman found in suitcase plead for help
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The family of a woman whose body was found stuffed in a suitcase is asking for help in solving her mysterious death.
A young girl spotted the suitcase floating in the San Francisco Bay along the Embarcadero on Tuesday morning and firefighters discovered the body of 52-year-old Pearla Louis inside of it.
Saturday, family members passed out fliers to people walking near the same spot where Louis' body was found.
"We just want whoever did this to come forward if possible," Louis' son Kareem Marshall said. "We forgive you for doing it and if you just come forward and let it be known."
Louis' family reported her missing on Monday night and so far police have released very few details about the case.
"We need to know where Pearla was last weekend, from the time that the last person we know of saw her until the point where her body ended up here at the Embarcadero," San Francisco police spokesperson Lt. Lyn Tomioka said.
Police and the Louis family also passed out fliers around the neighborhood where she lived near Church and Duboce streets.
san francisco bay, crime, san francisco news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 14 min ago
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos