San Francisco News
Family of woman found in suitcase plead for help
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The family of a woman whose body was found stuffed in a suitcase is asking for help in solving her mysterious death.
A young girl spotted the suitcase floating in the San Francisco Bay along the Embarcadero on Tuesday morning and firefighters discovered the body of 52-year-old Pearla Louis inside of it.
Saturday, family members passed out fliers to people walking near the same spot where Louis' body was found.
"We just want whoever did this to come forward if possible," Louis' son Kareem Marshall said. "We forgive you for doing it and if you just come forward and let it be known."
Louis' family reported her missing on Monday night and so far police have released very few details about the case.
"We need to know where Pearla was last weekend, from the time that the last person we know of saw her until the point where her body ended up here at the Embarcadero," San Francisco police spokesperson Lt. Lyn Tomioka said.
Police and the Louis family also passed out fliers around the neighborhood where she lived near Church and Duboce streets.
san francisco bay, crime, san francisco news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 52 min ago
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
32 min ago