San Francisco News
Family of woman found in suitcase plead for help
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The family of a woman whose body was found stuffed in a suitcase is asking for help in solving her mysterious death.
A young girl spotted the suitcase floating in the San Francisco Bay along the Embarcadero on Tuesday morning and firefighters discovered the body of 52-year-old Pearla Louis inside of it.
Saturday, family members passed out fliers to people walking near the same spot where Louis' body was found.
"We just want whoever did this to come forward if possible," Louis' son Kareem Marshall said. "We forgive you for doing it and if you just come forward and let it be known."
Louis' family reported her missing on Monday night and so far police have released very few details about the case.
"We need to know where Pearla was last weekend, from the time that the last person we know of saw her until the point where her body ended up here at the Embarcadero," San Francisco police spokesperson Lt. Lyn Tomioka said.
Police and the Louis family also passed out fliers around the neighborhood where she lived near Church and Duboce streets.
san francisco bay, crime, san francisco news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos