San Francisco News
Family of woman found in suitcase plead for help
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The family of a woman whose body was found stuffed in a suitcase is asking for help in solving her mysterious death.
A young girl spotted the suitcase floating in the San Francisco Bay along the Embarcadero on Tuesday morning and firefighters discovered the body of 52-year-old Pearla Louis inside of it.
Saturday, family members passed out fliers to people walking near the same spot where Louis' body was found.
"We just want whoever did this to come forward if possible," Louis' son Kareem Marshall said. "We forgive you for doing it and if you just come forward and let it be known."
Louis' family reported her missing on Monday night and so far police have released very few details about the case.
"We need to know where Pearla was last weekend, from the time that the last person we know of saw her until the point where her body ended up here at the Embarcadero," San Francisco police spokesperson Lt. Lyn Tomioka said.
Police and the Louis family also passed out fliers around the neighborhood where she lived near Church and Duboce streets.
san francisco bay, crime, san francisco news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield 32 min ago
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado 2 min ago
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO 43 min ago
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote 1 min ago
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer 15 min ago
- Stray pony found wandering Richmond's Iron Triangle
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP 18 min ago
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma...
2 min ago
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
15 min ago