San Francisco News
Manhunt after driver hits 4 bicyclists in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A hit and run driver ran over four bicyclists and ran into cars, late Wednesday night in San Francisco. This all happened just before 10 p.m. in four locations in the Mission District and Potrero Hill.
Police tell ABC7 the driver was targeting people on bicycles. The rampage ended when the driver crashed his car at 17th and Missouri Street and then took off running.
Witnesses say the suspect driver was headed westbound on 17th Street when he veered off and slammed into a parked SUV. He then backed up and struck a cyclist, then got out of his car and walked away.
That cyclist was taken away with what appears to be some broken bones and after the final crash, it is believed the suspect driver may be injured too.
Police believe the same driver struck other vehicles and cyclists at three other locations.
There were cyclists injured at Harrison Street and 24th Street, on the 2800 block of Harrison, and at Pennsylvania Avenue and 23rd Street.
Out of those four cyclists hit, three victims are at the hospital; one is in critical, one in serious, and one in fair condition. The fourth cyclist refused treatment.
Police say they have found the driver's wallet, so they should be able to identify the person they are looking for.
The suspect is still at large.
mission district, hit and run, san francisco news, alan wang
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 37 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85 50 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 41 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
37 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
41 min ago