San Francisco News
Rocketship coming to San Francisco waterfront
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An out-of-this world piece of art is coming to the San Francisco waterfront.
A short time ago, the Port Commission voted in favor of installing the Raygun Gothic Rocketship sculpture on the Embarcadero.
The 40-foot tall, eight-ton sculpture was inspired by 1940s science fiction.
Right now, the plan is for it to go up in August on the Embarcadero at Mission. It will be up for 14 months.
The rocketship was most recently on display at the Maker Faire in San Mateo.
san francisco news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M 32 min ago
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 13 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Big-rig accident blocks WB I-580 lanes in Pleasanton 44 min ago
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday