San Francisco News
Officials start eyeing America's Cup locations
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- If the America's Cup yacht race comes to San Francisco in 2013, it will probably be held at the South Beach piers between Pier 30 and Pier 50.
The America's Cup winner gets to pick where the next race will be held.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison's BMW-Oracle racing team has decided San Francisco will be the only U.S. city in the running against four European cities.
San Francisco officials picked the South Beach piers over other local contenders including Treasure Island and the waters near the Bay Bridge.
larry ellison, oracle, san francisco bay, san francisco news
- Secret Service investigating Target hack 4 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope 28 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Journals show students' despair, hope
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos