San Francisco News
SF considering bottled water ban at events
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco has already banned bottled water at city meetings, now it's considering the same ban at all events on city property.
That means any events at San Francisco parks, streets and festivals could become water-bottle free or at least those single-use bottles.
The plan will be discussed at an environment commission committee meeting today.
City officials say events could have re-usable bottles either given away or sold and then provide water fountains or large tanks of water to fill them.
san francisco news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos