San Francisco News
ATM yanked out of 76 gas station in Inner Sunset
SAN FRANCISCO -- An ATM was yanked out of a 76 gas station by a vehicle with a chain attached to it in San Francisco's Inner Sunset neighborhood overnight, a police spokesman said today.
The theft occurred either late Friday night or early this morning at the gas station located at 1400 19th Ave. at the intersection of Judah Street.
Police Officer Albie Esparza said a suspect wrapped a chain around the ATM in the station and used a vehicle to yank it out.
Esparza did not know how much money or property was lost.
No one was injured during the incident.
sunset district, crime, san francisco news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 32 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
32 min ago
- San Francisco, Santa Clara celebrating...
6 min ago