San Francisco News
ATM yanked out of 76 gas station in Inner Sunset
SAN FRANCISCO -- An ATM was yanked out of a 76 gas station by a vehicle with a chain attached to it in San Francisco's Inner Sunset neighborhood overnight, a police spokesman said today.
The theft occurred either late Friday night or early this morning at the gas station located at 1400 19th Ave. at the intersection of Judah Street.
Police Officer Albie Esparza said a suspect wrapped a chain around the ATM in the station and used a vehicle to yank it out.
Esparza did not know how much money or property was lost.
No one was injured during the incident.
sunset district, crime, san francisco news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy 4 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 56 min ago
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday