San Francisco News
Man found fatally stabbed inside SF apartment
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man in his mid-30s was found stabbed to death in his apartment in San Francisco's Hayes Valley neighborhood Monday afternoon, police said today.
A co-worker went to check on the man at his apartment in the 100 block of Hermann Street at about 1 p.m. The co-worker looked through the window, saw the man lying on the floor and called police, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
"Police responded and discovered the victim had been stabbed multiple times in the torso," Esparza said.
"It's unknown when the homicide occurred, but it's possible that it happened over the weekend," he said.
The medical examiner's office has not yet released the victim's name.
crime, hayes valley, san francisco news
- Two fires break out near each other in Hayward 27 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 25 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos