San Francisco News
IRS agent shoots would-be robber in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A robbery suspect is in a San Francisco hospital suffering from a gunshot wound. That's because the woman he's accused of trying to rob late Wednesday night was a federal agent with a gun.
The robbery attempt happened around midnight in a residential court of the Bayview District. San Francisco police say the suspects approached an IRS agent who was at her car on the 100 block of Marlin Court in Mariners Village. That's when the situation turned threatening and the agent used her weapon.
"The agent was the victim of an attempted robbery. The agent shot one of the suspects who was taken to the hospital for treatment. His injuries appear to be non life-threatening," said SFPD Sgt. Troy Dangerfield.
Police detained another man found at a house nearby and are questioning him as another possible suspect.
An IRS spokesperson said the only details the agency can share right now is that the victim works out of the Oakland IRS office, and is a special agent in criminal investigations.
SFPD says the agent was on duty at the time.
Police had initially reported the agent was off-duty.
bayview hunters point, crime, san francisco news, teresa garcia
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food 9 min ago
- Actor Brad Pitt says he suffers from prosopagnosia 51 min ago
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos