San Francisco News
IRS agent shoots would-be robber in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A robbery suspect is in a San Francisco hospital suffering from a gunshot wound. That's because the woman he's accused of trying to rob late Wednesday night was a federal agent with a gun.
The robbery attempt happened around midnight in a residential court of the Bayview District. San Francisco police say the suspects approached an IRS agent who was at her car on the 100 block of Marlin Court in Mariners Village. That's when the situation turned threatening and the agent used her weapon.
"The agent was the victim of an attempted robbery. The agent shot one of the suspects who was taken to the hospital for treatment. His injuries appear to be non life-threatening," said SFPD Sgt. Troy Dangerfield.
Police detained another man found at a house nearby and are questioning him as another possible suspect.
An IRS spokesperson said the only details the agency can share right now is that the victim works out of the Oakland IRS office, and is a special agent in criminal investigations.
SFPD says the agent was on duty at the time.
Police had initially reported the agent was off-duty.
bayview hunters point, crime, san francisco news, teresa garcia
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police 29 min ago
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 18 min ago
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati 12 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
31 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water...
18 min ago
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in...
12 min ago