San Francisco News
Missing teen may have met man on MySpace
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police in San Francisco are looking for a missing 14-year-old girl who may have gone out of state with an older man she met on the social-networking website MySpace.
Tiffany Alvarez was reported missing by police Saturday. For at least three months, Alvarez has been in contact through MySpace with a man believed to be in his 30s, police said.
The man, known as Gino, is described as being 6 feet tall and having dark hair, dark eyes, a big nose, and a light complexion, police said. He may be driving a newer model silver Toyota Tundra pickup truck.
Alvarez' parents told police they believe their daughter may have gone to Houston with the man.
Alvarez is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 180 pounds, police said. She has brown hair and green eyes, and was last seen wearing gray velvet pajamas and a black purse.
Anyone with information regarding her possible whereabouts is asked to call the department's Missing Persons unit at (415) 558-5508 or after hours at (415) 553-1071.
missing person, myspace, san francisco news
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate 58 min ago
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot 3 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 36 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
36 min ago
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos