San Francisco News
Nancy Pelosi talks to student veterans
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., made an appearance at San Francisco State University Thursday to talk to student veterans about the new GI bill.
Pelosi says more than 300,000 post-Sept. 11 veterans have already benefited from the bill, which provides college benefits for four years.
"San Francisco State University is nationally known as a college with a conscience and the university demonstrates this in one way through its outreach to veteran students," Pelosi said.
San Francisco State has 300 student veterans on campus right now.
military, nancy pelosi, san francisco state, san francisco news
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire