San Francisco News
Nancy Pelosi talks to student veterans
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., made an appearance at San Francisco State University Thursday to talk to student veterans about the new GI bill.
Pelosi says more than 300,000 post-Sept. 11 veterans have already benefited from the bill, which provides college benefits for four years.
"San Francisco State University is nationally known as a college with a conscience and the university demonstrates this in one way through its outreach to veteran students," Pelosi said.
San Francisco State has 300 student veterans on campus right now.
military, nancy pelosi, san francisco state, san francisco news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 41 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed