San Francisco News
Woman stabbed, robbed in Potrero Hill
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was severely injured overnight in San Francisco's Potrero Hill neighborhood after being stabbed and robbed, police said.
The attack was reported at midnight in the 2200 block of 18th Street, according to police.
Police said a 36-year-old woman was walking down the street when a male approached her from behind, stabbed her in the neck with a knife, and took her purse. He then fled.
The woman was hospitalized with injuries that were considered life-threatening, police said.
No arrest has been made in the case.
potrero hill, crime, san francisco news
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California 6 min ago
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- 2-alarm fire damages historic restaurant in Larkspur
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder 48 min ago
- Los Angeles subway dig finds prehistoric artifacts
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon 55 min ago
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub 36 min ago
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench 49 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos