San Francisco News
SF public schools get $3M from Bill Gates Foundation
San Francisco public schools are getting $3 million from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
The school district is getting $1 million for each of the next three years to expand programs designed to get students ready for college.
The money will also help those already at San Francisco City College.
Right now, only one quarter of students who start high school in the city go on to earn a college degree.
Four other cities received the grant.
bill gates, san francisco news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY 54 min ago
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning 34 min ago
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- LA police say no leads in AMBER Alert abduction
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos