San Francisco News
SF public schools get $3M from Bill Gates Foundation
San Francisco public schools are getting $3 million from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
The school district is getting $1 million for each of the next three years to expand programs designed to get students ready for college.
The money will also help those already at San Francisco City College.
Right now, only one quarter of students who start high school in the city go on to earn a college degree.
Four other cities received the grant.
bill gates, san francisco news
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin 1 min ago
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF 48 min ago
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos