San Francisco News
San Francisco police search for violent rapist
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police are looking for a recent parolee in connection with a violent sexual assault and robbery.
The suspect is 25-year-old Damir Shalako who has distinctive tattoos on his neck.
Police say the attack happened at noon on Tuesday in the Potrero Hill housing development, where the suspect lives with his grandmother.
"He subsequently entered another resident's location next door, sexually assaulted a female about 45 years of age, robbed her, took about $1,000 cash and beat her severely," said San Francisco Assistant Police Chief Jeff Godown.
Police say the grandmother heard the woman's screams and went next door. She tried to stop her grandson, but he ran.
Police do not know if he's armed. They say if you see him, do not approach him, call 911.
san francisco county, potrero hill, crime, san francisco news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday