San Francisco News
Eco friendly USS Makin Island arrives in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Mayor Gavin Newsom welcomed the USS Making Island to the San Francisco Bay on Wednesday.
The ship is the first of its kind being the only U.S. military vessel. The Auxiliary Propulsion Motor (APM) allows the vessel to travel at speeds up to 12 knots using electrical power provided by the ship.
Newsom also announced the line up for San Francisco Fleet Week, which starts tomorrow and goes until next Tuesday.
san francisco bay, gavin newsom, san francisco news
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO
- Crews control two-alarm grass fire in San Jose
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe 57 min ago
- 49ers Michael Crabtree tears right Achilles tendon 32 min ago
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong
- Arias jury deadlocked but must keep deliberating
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M
- Helen Mirren steps in to help grant dying boy's wish 15 min ago
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos