San Francisco News
Eco friendly USS Makin Island arrives in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Mayor Gavin Newsom welcomed the USS Making Island to the San Francisco Bay on Wednesday.
The ship is the first of its kind being the only U.S. military vessel. The Auxiliary Propulsion Motor (APM) allows the vessel to travel at speeds up to 12 knots using electrical power provided by the ship.
Newsom also announced the line up for San Francisco Fleet Week, which starts tomorrow and goes until next Tuesday.
san francisco bay, gavin newsom, san francisco news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach 27 min ago
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd