San Francisco News
Eco friendly USS Makin Island arrives in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Mayor Gavin Newsom welcomed the USS Making Island to the San Francisco Bay on Wednesday.
The ship is the first of its kind being the only U.S. military vessel. The Auxiliary Propulsion Motor (APM) allows the vessel to travel at speeds up to 12 knots using electrical power provided by the ship.
Newsom also announced the line up for San Francisco Fleet Week, which starts tomorrow and goes until next Tuesday.
san francisco bay, gavin newsom, san francisco news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 22 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos