San Francisco News
Apartment deck fire quickly contained by firefighters
SAN FRANCISCO -- Firefighters quickly contained a deck fire on a San Francisco apartment building this evening, a fire dispatcher said.
Firefighters responded to the three-story building at 2445 Turk St. at about 5 p.m., a dispatcher at the San Francisco Fire Department said.
The dispatcher said the fire was contained in about 15 minutes.
Two trucks, three engines, two battalion chiefs, and several other firefighters assisted in containing the fire, he said.
The cause is still being investigated, and a damage estimate was not immediately available.
No injuries were reported.
san francisco county, western addition, fire, uReport, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 37 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins 53 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2 47 min ago
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win 41 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos