San Francisco News
Apartment deck fire quickly contained by firefighters
SAN FRANCISCO -- Firefighters quickly contained a deck fire on a San Francisco apartment building this evening, a fire dispatcher said.
Firefighters responded to the three-story building at 2445 Turk St. at about 5 p.m., a dispatcher at the San Francisco Fire Department said.
The dispatcher said the fire was contained in about 15 minutes.
Two trucks, three engines, two battalion chiefs, and several other firefighters assisted in containing the fire, he said.
The cause is still being investigated, and a damage estimate was not immediately available.
No injuries were reported.
san francisco county, western addition, fire, uReport, san francisco news
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline 6 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas 55 min ago
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 'SNL' plans to add black female cast member
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies
- Armed robbery at bingo fundraiser in San Jose
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
56 min ago