San Francisco News
Obama endorses Kamala Harris for AG
SAN FRANCISCO -- President Obama has endorsed San Francisco District Attorney Kamala Harris Monday in her bid to become California's next attorney general.
The Democratic National Committee released a statement from Obama that said the president was "proud to stand by her" during her candidacy.
"Kamala has done a remarkable job in San Francisco," Obama said. "Now it's time to send her to California so she can get those same results for all Californians."
Harris is running against Republican candidate Steve Cooley, who currently serves as district attorney for Los Angeles County.
election day, barack obama, kamala harris, san francisco news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast 37 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 44 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos