San Francisco News
Two men attacked with knife in street brawl
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two men were injured in a street brawl early this morning in San Francisco's Sunset District in which a knife and tire iron were used as weapons, police said.
Police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said a 19-year-old San Francisco man and an 18-year-old Los Angeles man got into an argument with two male suspects near the intersection of Irving Street and 21st Avenue at about 1 a.m.
Several other men arrived and a fight broke out that involved as many as 10 suspects, Esparza said. Two of the suspects attacked the victims with the knife and tire iron.
The 19-year-old man was treated at a hospital for head injuries and was expected to survive, Esparza said.
The suspects were seen leaving the fight in two vehicles, a green Ford minivan and a black two-door Honda, police said.
Officers stopped the minivan several blocks away and detained two men inside, but they were not arrested, according to Esparza.
"They're involvement (in the fight) is unknown," Esparza said.
An investigation is continuing.
sunset district, san francisco news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos