San Francisco News
Two men attacked with knife in street brawl
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two men were injured in a street brawl early this morning in San Francisco's Sunset District in which a knife and tire iron were used as weapons, police said.
Police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said a 19-year-old San Francisco man and an 18-year-old Los Angeles man got into an argument with two male suspects near the intersection of Irving Street and 21st Avenue at about 1 a.m.
Several other men arrived and a fight broke out that involved as many as 10 suspects, Esparza said. Two of the suspects attacked the victims with the knife and tire iron.
The 19-year-old man was treated at a hospital for head injuries and was expected to survive, Esparza said.
The suspects were seen leaving the fight in two vehicles, a green Ford minivan and a black two-door Honda, police said.
Officers stopped the minivan several blocks away and detained two men inside, but they were not arrested, according to Esparza.
"They're involvement (in the fight) is unknown," Esparza said.
An investigation is continuing.
sunset district, san francisco news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos