San Francisco News
Police investigating after woman found dead in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was found dead in a home in San Francisco's Russian Hill neighborhood early this morning, and police are treating the death as a homicide, a police spokesman said.
Police responded at about 4:25 a.m. to a request for a well-being check on a resident at a home in the 900 block of Chestnut Street, San Francisco police Sgt. Mike Andraychak said.
Officers eventually entered the home to find the body of a woman inside, Andraychak said. The woman's identity has not yet been released.
The death is being treated as a homicide, and investigators are working to determine how the woman died, he said.
No arrests have been made in connection with the homicide, and no suspect information was available this morning, Andraychak said.
russian hill, crime, san francisco news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 10 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 48 min ago
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
48 min ago