San Francisco News
Police investigating after woman found dead in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was found dead in a home in San Francisco's Russian Hill neighborhood early this morning, and police are treating the death as a homicide, a police spokesman said.
Police responded at about 4:25 a.m. to a request for a well-being check on a resident at a home in the 900 block of Chestnut Street, San Francisco police Sgt. Mike Andraychak said.
Officers eventually entered the home to find the body of a woman inside, Andraychak said. The woman's identity has not yet been released.
The death is being treated as a homicide, and investigators are working to determine how the woman died, he said.
No arrests have been made in connection with the homicide, and no suspect information was available this morning, Andraychak said.
russian hill, crime, san francisco news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 1 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire 20 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
53 min ago