San Francisco News
Thousands of jellyfish seen at Ocean Beach
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco beachgoers stumbled upon an unusual sight Saturday.
Thousands of jellyfish washed ashore at Ocean Beach. Experts say not to worry. They say large numbers of jellies are often out there in the ocean, but people only see them when they show up on the beach.
Scientists have been getting reports of millions of jellies off the coast since April. The Moon Jellies are common along the Central California Coast.
animal, ocean beach, san francisco news
- Two fires break out near each other in Hayward 37 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 35 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos