San Francisco News
Thousands of jellyfish seen at Ocean Beach
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco beachgoers stumbled upon an unusual sight Saturday.
Thousands of jellyfish washed ashore at Ocean Beach. Experts say not to worry. They say large numbers of jellies are often out there in the ocean, but people only see them when they show up on the beach.
Scientists have been getting reports of millions of jellies off the coast since April. The Moon Jellies are common along the Central California Coast.
animal, ocean beach, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep 31 min ago
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 33 min ago
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
33 min ago