San Francisco News
Thousands of jellyfish seen at Ocean Beach
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco beachgoers stumbled upon an unusual sight Saturday.
Thousands of jellyfish washed ashore at Ocean Beach. Experts say not to worry. They say large numbers of jellies are often out there in the ocean, but people only see them when they show up on the beach.
Scientists have been getting reports of millions of jellies off the coast since April. The Moon Jellies are common along the Central California Coast.
animal, ocean beach, san francisco news
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
1 min ago