San Francisco News
Thousands of jellyfish seen at Ocean Beach
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco beachgoers stumbled upon an unusual sight Saturday.
Thousands of jellyfish washed ashore at Ocean Beach. Experts say not to worry. They say large numbers of jellies are often out there in the ocean, but people only see them when they show up on the beach.
Scientists have been getting reports of millions of jellies off the coast since April. The Moon Jellies are common along the Central California Coast.
animal, ocean beach, san francisco news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 8 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets 10 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families 45 min ago
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to...
45 min ago