San Francisco News
Schwarzenegger continues campaign for a green CA
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Even in the waning days of his administration, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger continues to campaign for a greener California.
In San Francisco Wednesday, Schwarzenegger helped launch a program to train people for jobs selling new, high tech energy efficient lighting systems. The $250,000 training program is being paid for by a charitable trust.
Several electrical contractors have already promised to hire the first 50 graduates.
arnold schwarzenegger, gavin newsom, jobs, san francisco news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 46 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill 6 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case 6 min ago