San Francisco News
Schwarzenegger continues campaign for a green CA
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Even in the waning days of his administration, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger continues to campaign for a greener California.
In San Francisco Wednesday, Schwarzenegger helped launch a program to train people for jobs selling new, high tech energy efficient lighting systems. The $250,000 training program is being paid for by a charitable trust.
Several electrical contractors have already promised to hire the first 50 graduates.
arnold schwarzenegger, gavin newsom, jobs, san francisco news
- Freeze Warning expires; chilly temperatures remain
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Bay Bridge lanes re-opened after multi-vehicle crash
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Judge refuses to block AA, US Airways merger 31 min ago
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need 55 min ago
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auction 21 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting 46 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos