San Francisco News
Court to allow cameras at Prop 8 appeal
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A federal appeals court has agreed to allow live television coverage of the upcoming appeal over California's same-sex marriage ban.
Earlier this year, a federal judge struck down Proposition 8 as unconstitutional, but the voter-approved ban remains in place while the case is appealed to the 9th Circuit Court.
The court will hear two hours of arguments on Dec. 6.
The 9th Circuit has granted ABC7's request to broadcast the hearing.
same sex marriage, 9th u.s. circuit court of appeals, san francisco news
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal 44 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire 42 min ago
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos