San Francisco News
Young woman fatally shot in SF's Japantown
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A young woman was shot to death in San Francisco's Japantown neighborhood tonight, a police spokesman said.
The woman, who was in her 20s, was killed at about 8:55 p.m. at Buchanan Street and Geary Boulevard, Lt. Troy Dangerfield said.
The woman died at the scene.
Police hadn't made any arrests tonight, and it was unclear what happened leading up to the shooting, Dangerfield said.
shooting, crime, western addition, san francisco news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos