San Francisco News
Young woman fatally shot in SF's Japantown
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A young woman was shot to death in San Francisco's Japantown neighborhood tonight, a police spokesman said.
The woman, who was in her 20s, was killed at about 8:55 p.m. at Buchanan Street and Geary Boulevard, Lt. Troy Dangerfield said.
The woman died at the scene.
Police hadn't made any arrests tonight, and it was unclear what happened leading up to the shooting, Dangerfield said.
shooting, crime, western addition, san francisco news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 36 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland 49 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 10 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter 13 min ago
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday