San Francisco News
Newsom will let DA Kamala Harris pick her successor
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It is the mayor's job to find a successor to District Attorney Kamala Harris before she takes over as lieutenant governor.
But Mayor Gavin Newsom says he is going to let Harris make that decision.
There is no word yet on who Harris might choose.
She will take the oath of office for attorney general on Jan. 3.
san francisco city hall, kamala harris, gavin newsom, san francisco news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36 36 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 2 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland 15 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 49 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage 36 min ago
- Brentwood police investigate armed robbery spree
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
36 min ago