San Francisco News
Newsom will let DA Kamala Harris pick her successor
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It is the mayor's job to find a successor to District Attorney Kamala Harris before she takes over as lieutenant governor.
But Mayor Gavin Newsom says he is going to let Harris make that decision.
There is no word yet on who Harris might choose.
She will take the oath of office for attorney general on Jan. 3.
san francisco city hall, kamala harris, gavin newsom, san francisco news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday