San Francisco News
Dr. Dean Edell to retire from KGO Radio
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- For those of you who are long-time listeners to our colleagues at KGO Radio, Doctor Dean Edell is retiring.
For years, Edell appeared every night on ABC7 News. On Wednesday, he told his radio audience he is "throwing in the towel."
His program is broadcast Monday through Friday across the country but KGO radio has decided to air only a couple of his shows on a tape-delay basis, on weekends. Edell said today that part of him is very sad and upset.
KGO Radio had no comment, but issued a press release announcing the return of the Noon News, in dean's time slot.
radio, san francisco news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos