San Francisco News
Dr. Dean Edell to retire from KGO Radio
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- For those of you who are long-time listeners to our colleagues at KGO Radio, Doctor Dean Edell is retiring.
For years, Edell appeared every night on ABC7 News. On Wednesday, he told his radio audience he is "throwing in the towel."
His program is broadcast Monday through Friday across the country but KGO radio has decided to air only a couple of his shows on a tape-delay basis, on weekends. Edell said today that part of him is very sad and upset.
KGO Radio had no comment, but issued a press release announcing the return of the Noon News, in dean's time slot.
radio, san francisco news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91 34 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday