San Francisco News
Union Square Macy's Santa fired over joke
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Grinch has spoiled Christmas for a Santa at the Macy's in San Francisco's Union Square.
John Toomey who's been helping out as the store's Kris Kringle for some 20 years was fired Friday night for telling an older couple a naughty joke he says he's used for years when adults visit.
"They sat on my lap and I said, 'Have you been good this year?' And they said, 'Oh, yes.' And I said, 'Oh, well that's too bad.' Then I said, 'You know why Santa's so happy and jolly all the time don't you?' And they said, 'No, we don't know.' And I said, 'Well, that's because Santa knows where all the naughty boys and girls live,'" said Toomey.
The couple complained to management, ending Toomey's job. Macy's says it won't comment because the matter involves an employee.
san francisco bay, union square, macy's, san francisco news
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline 6 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas 55 min ago
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 'SNL' plans to add black female cast member
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies
- Armed robbery at bingo fundraiser in San Jose
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
56 min ago