San Francisco News
Fired SF Santa appears on "The Tonight Show"
SAN FRANCISCO -- A Santa Claus who was fired from a downtown San Francisco Macy's store over some bawdy humor has taken his story to Jay Leno's "Tonight Show."
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that John Toomey appeared on the show on Thursday.
Toomey lost his 20-year job playing St. Nick at the Macy's store last weekend after an adult couple complained about a joke he made. Toomey apparently told them he knows where all the naughty boys and girls live when they asked why he was so jolly.
He has since taken up a position playing Santa at Lefty O'Doul's, a nearby pub. His first day on the job is Friday.
Toomey will be available at the pub each day from 3 to 8 p.m. through Christmas Eve. And he will be allowed to tell jokes.
union square, macy's, christmas, jobs, holiday, san francisco news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco 14 min ago
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting 37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos