San Francisco News
Fired SF Santa appears on "The Tonight Show"
SAN FRANCISCO -- A Santa Claus who was fired from a downtown San Francisco Macy's store over some bawdy humor has taken his story to Jay Leno's "Tonight Show."
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that John Toomey appeared on the show on Thursday.
Toomey lost his 20-year job playing St. Nick at the Macy's store last weekend after an adult couple complained about a joke he made. Toomey apparently told them he knows where all the naughty boys and girls live when they asked why he was so jolly.
He has since taken up a position playing Santa at Lefty O'Doul's, a nearby pub. His first day on the job is Friday.
Toomey will be available at the pub each day from 3 to 8 p.m. through Christmas Eve. And he will be allowed to tell jokes.
union square, macy's, christmas, jobs, holiday, san francisco news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos