San Francisco News
Asian chefs cook holiday meal at Glide Church
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some of San Francisco's less fortunate received a holiday treat Monday thanks to a group of renowned Asian chefs. Members of the Asian Culinary Association served lunch and will prepare dinner for 2,500 people at Glide Memorial Church.
This is the seventh year the group has hosted the event.
The chefs began getting the feast ready Sunday at the California Culinary Academy with the help of four dozen student volunteers.
The menu featured sweet and sour pork, egg rolls and chicken teriyaki.
holiday, food, glide memorial church, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos