San Francisco News
Asian chefs cook holiday meal at Glide Church
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some of San Francisco's less fortunate received a holiday treat Monday thanks to a group of renowned Asian chefs. Members of the Asian Culinary Association served lunch and will prepare dinner for 2,500 people at Glide Memorial Church.
This is the seventh year the group has hosted the event.
The chefs began getting the feast ready Sunday at the California Culinary Academy with the help of four dozen student volunteers.
The menu featured sweet and sour pork, egg rolls and chicken teriyaki.
holiday, food, glide memorial church, san francisco news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Mountain lion caught on camera in Hollywood Hlls 4 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 34 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina
- GM to offer loaners to owners of recalled cars 2 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville... 5 min ago
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos