San Francisco News
Asian chefs cook holiday meal at Glide Church
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some of San Francisco's less fortunate received a holiday treat Monday thanks to a group of renowned Asian chefs. Members of the Asian Culinary Association served lunch and will prepare dinner for 2,500 people at Glide Memorial Church.
This is the seventh year the group has hosted the event.
The chefs began getting the feast ready Sunday at the California Culinary Academy with the help of four dozen student volunteers.
The menu featured sweet and sour pork, egg rolls and chicken teriyaki.
holiday, food, glide memorial church, san francisco news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos