San Francisco News
2 wounded in Bayview, Potrero Hill shootings
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two men were wounded in separate shootings in San Francisco's Bayview and Potrero Hill neighborhoods Tuesday, police said.
At about 5:20 p.m., an 18-year-old man was shot in the leg near Keith Street and Thomas Avenue in the Bayview.
The man told police he heard a gunshot and then fell to the ground. His wounds were not believed to be life-threatening.
At about 9:45 p.m., a 20-year-old man was parking his car on 26th Street near Connecticut Street when someone approached him and shot him once in the back, police said.
The man's car rolled down the street and crashed into other parked cars before it came to rest, according to police.
The victim in that shooting, which is believed to be gang-related, is also expected to survive, police said.
No arrests have been made in either case.
shooting, bayview hunters point, potrero hill, san francisco news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 16 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
17 min ago