San Francisco News
2 wounded in Bayview, Potrero Hill shootings
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two men were wounded in separate shootings in San Francisco's Bayview and Potrero Hill neighborhoods Tuesday, police said.
At about 5:20 p.m., an 18-year-old man was shot in the leg near Keith Street and Thomas Avenue in the Bayview.
The man told police he heard a gunshot and then fell to the ground. His wounds were not believed to be life-threatening.
At about 9:45 p.m., a 20-year-old man was parking his car on 26th Street near Connecticut Street when someone approached him and shot him once in the back, police said.
The man's car rolled down the street and crashed into other parked cars before it came to rest, according to police.
The victim in that shooting, which is believed to be gang-related, is also expected to survive, police said.
No arrests have been made in either case.
shooting, bayview hunters point, potrero hill, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen 11 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 56 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 45 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
59 min ago
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in...
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos