San Francisco News
2 wounded in Bayview, Potrero Hill shootings
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two men were wounded in separate shootings in San Francisco's Bayview and Potrero Hill neighborhoods Tuesday, police said.
At about 5:20 p.m., an 18-year-old man was shot in the leg near Keith Street and Thomas Avenue in the Bayview.
The man told police he heard a gunshot and then fell to the ground. His wounds were not believed to be life-threatening.
At about 9:45 p.m., a 20-year-old man was parking his car on 26th Street near Connecticut Street when someone approached him and shot him once in the back, police said.
The man's car rolled down the street and crashed into other parked cars before it came to rest, according to police.
The victim in that shooting, which is believed to be gang-related, is also expected to survive, police said.
No arrests have been made in either case.
shooting, bayview hunters point, potrero hill, san francisco news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival 58 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun 58 min ago
- Man prefers 3D-printed hand to pricey prostheses 23 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO OF THE DAY: Record-breaking jump 5 min ago
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos