San Francisco News
Car veers off I-280 and into SF home
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Police are still trying to determine what caused a car to veer off I-280 and crash into a house Wednesday night.
The home is on Trumbull Street, near Alemany Boulevard. Investigators say the car smashed through a freeway barricade, hit a tree and then barreled into the home's laundry room. The family was there when it happened.
"I don't know what happened. I just heard a noise - just like an earthquake and then all of a sudden I saw the car inside under my terrace," said homeowner Raymond Lacap.
Witnesses tell police the car was speeding down the freeway. People on the scene say the driver didn't appear to have suffered major injuries.
I-280, car crash, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos