San Francisco News
UCSF shuttle van crash injures 15 people
SAN FRANCISCO -- A University of California at San Francisco shuttle bus was involved in a crash near San Francisco General Hospital this morning that sent five people to the hospital, a fire dispatcher said.
The collision, which also involved a blue Honda Accord and a white Toyota Camry, was reported shortly before 11:20 a.m. at 22nd Street and Potrero Avenue.
Passengers at the scene said the shuttle had been rear-ended.
When firefighters arrived, they reported between 15 and 25 potential patients, but only five required transport to the hospital, the dispatcher said.
A UCSF employee who was on the shuttle when the crash happened said the shuttle was stopped at a light when she heard a crash and felt a bump.
"We hit our heads on the headrest of the shuttle seats because we don't have seat belts in the shuttle," said the employee, who declined to give her name.
She said two of her coworkers and the shuttle driver were among those taken to the hospital, but that their injuries did not appear to be serious.
At about 12:30 p.m., Potrero Avenue was still shut down between 21st and 22nd streets, and all three vehicles involved were still at the scene. Deployed airbags could be seen inside the two sedans.
car crash, UCSF, potrero hill, san francisco news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 34 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85 47 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 38 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
34 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
38 min ago