San Francisco News
SF Zoo polar bear gets snowy start to winter
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The first day of winter brought snow to the polar bear exhibit at the San Francisco Zoo.
Uule the polar bear seemed to really enjoy the 10 tons of ice and treats scattered around his home.
Uule was born in the wild and came to the zoo in 1985. He is about 30 years old.
All the snow was donated by the San Francisco Ice Company.
snow, san francisco zoo, animal, san francisco news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire 43 min ago
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race 34 min ago
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday