San Francisco News
Driver arrested for DUI after crash near SFSU
SAN FRANCISCO -- A motorist was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence after a three-car crash near San Francisco State University on Saturday morning that sent one person to the hospital, according to San Francisco police.
The crash was reported just before 6 a.m. near the intersection of Lake Merced and Font boulevards.
Police said the suspected drunken driver drifted into oncoming traffic and hit another car head on. The third car then struck the second car.
Four people in the three cars, all San Francisco residents in their early 20s, were injured, according to police.
One person was hospitalized with injuries that were not life-threatening and was later released from the hospital, police said.
The driver of the first car was booked for DUI and a second person was cited for possession of what appeared to be marijuana, police said. Their names were not immediately released.
car crash, san francisco state, DUI, san francisco news
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Windy conditions cause damage around Bay Area
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe 28 min ago
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
12 min ago