San Francisco News
Gavin Newsom postpones swearing-in ceremony
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Lt. Governor-elect Gavin Newsom will not be sworn-into his new office Monday.
Instead, the San Francisco mayor has scheduled an inaugural ceremony one week from Monday. However, a spokesman says it might happen sooner. Newsom has decided to hold off taking his new office until the newly-elected board of supervisors selects an interim mayor to fill out the rest of his term.
Lt. Governor Abel Maldonado, the Republican Newsom defeated in November, will remain on the job until Newsom takes the oath of office.
abel maldonado, gavin newsom, san francisco news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries 54 min ago
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos