San Francisco News
Gavin Newsom postpones swearing-in ceremony
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Lt. Governor-elect Gavin Newsom will not be sworn-into his new office Monday.
Instead, the San Francisco mayor has scheduled an inaugural ceremony one week from Monday. However, a spokesman says it might happen sooner. Newsom has decided to hold off taking his new office until the newly-elected board of supervisors selects an interim mayor to fill out the rest of his term.
Lt. Governor Abel Maldonado, the Republican Newsom defeated in November, will remain on the job until Newsom takes the oath of office.
abel maldonado, gavin newsom, san francisco news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 36 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast 16 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose 19 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide