San Francisco News
SF violent crime drops to historic lows
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Mayor Gavin Newsom says violent crime in San Francisco has dropped to historic lows in the last two years.
Violent crime dropped 4 percent in 2010 and overall crime was down 8 percent.
The city says it now has a lower number of homicides per capita than New York City, Los Angeles, Boston and Chicago.
crime, san francisco news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco 16 min ago
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting 39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos