San Francisco News
Public defender Jeff Adachi sworn in for third term
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco public defender Jeff Adachi was sworn into Wednesday for his third term.
San Francisco is the only county in the state and one of few in the nation to elect a public defender.
Mayor Gavin Newsom has yet to name a replacement for former District Attorney Kamala Harris who was just sworn in as California's new attorney general.
Jeff Adachi, crime, san francisco news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed