San Francisco News
Public defender Jeff Adachi sworn in for third term
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco public defender Jeff Adachi was sworn into Wednesday for his third term.
San Francisco is the only county in the state and one of few in the nation to elect a public defender.
Mayor Gavin Newsom has yet to name a replacement for former District Attorney Kamala Harris who was just sworn in as California's new attorney general.
Jeff Adachi, crime, san francisco news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos