San Francisco News
Public defender Jeff Adachi sworn in for third term
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco public defender Jeff Adachi was sworn into Wednesday for his third term.
San Francisco is the only county in the state and one of few in the nation to elect a public defender.
Mayor Gavin Newsom has yet to name a replacement for former District Attorney Kamala Harris who was just sworn in as California's new attorney general.
Jeff Adachi, crime, san francisco news
- Man survives fiery explosion at Hayward home 5 min ago
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 56 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Big-rig accident blocks WB I-580 lanes in Pleasanton
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae 23 min ago
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday