San Francisco News
4,000 were without power around Western Addition
SAN FRANCISCO -- More than 4,000 PG&E customers lost power Friday night in and around San Francisco's Western Addition neighborhood, a utility spokesman said.
The outage began at about 10 p.m. and is affecting 4,040 customers in the Western Addition, Civic Center, and Van Ness Corridor areas of the city, spokesman J.D. Guidi said.
Crews were investigating the cause of the outage as of about 10:30 p.m., he said.
It was unclear when power might be restored to the area.
western addition, power outage, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos