San Francisco News
4,000 were without power around Western Addition
SAN FRANCISCO -- More than 4,000 PG&E customers lost power Friday night in and around San Francisco's Western Addition neighborhood, a utility spokesman said.
The outage began at about 10 p.m. and is affecting 4,040 customers in the Western Addition, Civic Center, and Van Ness Corridor areas of the city, spokesman J.D. Guidi said.
Crews were investigating the cause of the outage as of about 10:30 p.m., he said.
It was unclear when power might be restored to the area.
western addition, power outage, san francisco news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos