San Francisco News
4,000 were without power around Western Addition
SAN FRANCISCO -- More than 4,000 PG&E customers lost power Friday night in and around San Francisco's Western Addition neighborhood, a utility spokesman said.
The outage began at about 10 p.m. and is affecting 4,040 customers in the Western Addition, Civic Center, and Van Ness Corridor areas of the city, spokesman J.D. Guidi said.
Crews were investigating the cause of the outage as of about 10:30 p.m., he said.
It was unclear when power might be restored to the area.
western addition, power outage, san francisco news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos