San Francisco News
SFPD warns of crimes during Chinese New Year
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police went door to door on Thursday, warning merchants of crime during the upcoming Lunar New Year in parts of the Bayview District and Ingleside. Police officials passed out flyers to businesses along San Bruno Avenue.
They include information on how to avoid the most common types of crime during the Lunar New Year, which are robbery, burglary, extortion, home invasions, pick pocketing, fraud and money scams.
There are also details on what to do if there's an incident and how to communicate with police. The Lunar New Year begins Feb. 3 and it will be the year of the rabbit.
crime, ingleside, bayview hunters point, chinatown, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 54 min ago
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 14 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 22 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 36 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 44 min ago