San Francisco News
Some SF streets to be closed for "Alcatraz" TV show
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some streets of San Francisco will be closed Monday because of filming for a new TV series. A scene from the pilot of the show "Alcatraz" will be filmed on Filbert Street, between Hyde and Leavenworth. The street will be closed from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
There will be simulated gunfire with actors playing officers being shot at.
This is one of four productions expected to film in the city after a big push to lure studios with incentives.
alcatraz, san francisco news
- Death toll in Oklahoma tornado could climb to 91 38 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- NFL owners to announce Super Bowl 50 host city 43 min ago
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday