San Francisco News
Man killed in car crash in SF's Inner Richmond
SAN FRANCISCO -- Bus service along a stretch of Geary Boulevard has returned to normal following a police investigation into a fatal early morning crash in San Francisco's Inner Richmond neighborhood.
The crash happened at about 2:15 a.m. at Geary and Arguello boulevards.
Witnesses reported seeing a black Audi traveling at high speeds and running red lights as it traveled east on Geary Boulevard, San Francisco police Sgt. Michael Andraychak said.
As the Audi crossed Arguello Boulevard, it crashed into a gray Mazda, Andraychak said.
The male driver of the Mazda was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Audi, who is also male, was transported to a hospital and has been detained, Andraychak said.
Traffic along Geary Boulevard was detoured for nearly five hours, with several buses re-routed, San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency spokesman Paul Rose said.
The crash has since been cleared from the roadway and normal bus service has resumed, Rose said.
Police are investigating whether alcohol or drugs played a role in the crash, Andraychak said.
richmond district, car crash, san francisco news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans 41 min ago
- Supermodel Gisele's breastfeeding pic stirs debate
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 51 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
32 min ago