San Francisco News
Bomb squad detonates item at Fort Funston
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco beach reopened Sunday afternoon after a bomb squad dealt with a suspicious item that washed up on shore.
Explosive technicians detonated the device just before 2 p.m. at Fort Funston and it is still unknown exactly what it was. Someone first reported seeing the device around a0 a.m. and park rangers kept the area closed for a few hours.
Fort Funston is popular with dog walkers and hangliders.
san francisco county, suspicious package, san francisco news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 19 min ago
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's 2 min ago
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016 28 min ago
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
48 min ago