San Francisco News
SFMTA to repair Muni rail segment
SAN FRANCISCO -- A segment of San Francisco Municipal Railway's Muni Metro rail system is scheduled to be repaired this weekend, affecting service on the J-Church and N-Judah lines.
From 7:30 a.m. until 8 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday, crews will work to repair and replace worn rail components at the intersection of Church Street and Duboce Avenue.
The maintenance work will require a partial closure of the intersection and lane closures on surrounding streets, according to the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency.
J-Church trains will serve all stops between Market Street and Balboa Park station, and shuttle trains will run between the Embarcadero and Castro subway stations, SFMTA officials said.
The N-Judah line will not operate between Church Street station and Ocean Beach, but shuttle buses will run along the impacted stops, except for the east portal of the Sunset Tunnel, according to the SFMTA.
Customers on the inbound N-Judah line continuing downtown can transfer from the bus shuttle at Church Street to Muni Metro at the Church Street station.
Outbound N-Judah passengers are advised to hop on the bus shuttle from a temporary terminal set up at 14th and Church streets.
The SFMTA said that the only bus line impacted by the construction work would be the 22-Fillmore, which will employ electric trolley buses to transport passengers during the day before switching back to motor buses at night.
Customers aboard the 22-Fillmore should expect delays, according to the SFMTA.
Beginning at 7 a.m. Saturday, Duboce Avenue will be closed to westbound traffic between Church and Fillmore streets.
Vehicle traffic on Church Street between Market and Hermann streets will be restricted to one lane in each direction.
Parking in the area will also be affected.
transportation, SFMTA, muni, san francisco news
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 27 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday