San Francisco News
Original Bay to Breakers trophy returns
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KGO) -- The first Bay to Breakers trophy ever awarded is returned to San Francisco, nearly a 100 years later.
A big welcome home party was held in San Francisco Saturday for the original Bay to Breakers trophy.
Next year marks the 100-year anniversary of the cross city race. Bobby Vlught won that first race back in 1912. His grandson, Bob Burnett, traveled from Texas to present the trophy to the Bay to Breaker's general manager.
After the ceremony, there was also a Bay to Breakers training run in honor of the trophy's return.
san francisco bay, bay to breakers, san francisco news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday