San Francisco News
Original Bay to Breakers trophy returns
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KGO) -- The first Bay to Breakers trophy ever awarded is returned to San Francisco, nearly a 100 years later.
A big welcome home party was held in San Francisco Saturday for the original Bay to Breakers trophy.
Next year marks the 100-year anniversary of the cross city race. Bobby Vlught won that first race back in 1912. His grandson, Bob Burnett, traveled from Texas to present the trophy to the Bay to Breaker's general manager.
After the ceremony, there was also a Bay to Breakers training run in honor of the trophy's return.
san francisco bay, bay to breakers, san francisco news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 26 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday