San Francisco News
Original Bay to Breakers trophy returns
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KGO) -- The first Bay to Breakers trophy ever awarded is returned to San Francisco, nearly a 100 years later.
A big welcome home party was held in San Francisco Saturday for the original Bay to Breakers trophy.
Next year marks the 100-year anniversary of the cross city race. Bobby Vlught won that first race back in 1912. His grandson, Bob Burnett, traveled from Texas to present the trophy to the Bay to Breaker's general manager.
After the ceremony, there was also a Bay to Breakers training run in honor of the trophy's return.
san francisco bay, bay to breakers, san francisco news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
42 min ago