San Francisco News
Man found dead in North Beach jewelry store
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Late Tuesday night in San Francisco, a dead body was found inside a North Beach jewelry store. The store is located on Mason Street near Lombard.
Police got a call from a man saying he was worried about his friend who he hadn't heard from in a while. Then police arrived at the Lyn Magnuson Design Company a short time later.
"Around 8 o'clock this evening, police were called to 2100 Mason Street regarding a wellbeing check. Upon arrival they discovered a male body deceased. The cause of death is yet to be determined," said San Francisco police spokesperson Ofc. Eric Chiang.
Police did a thorough search of the store in their investigation. North Beach residents told ABC7 that the people that were inside the store may have been a man and a woman who sold a lot of jewelry and artwork. The man that is believed to be deceased may have been the man who runs the store. Some also believe the man lives in one of the apartments just above the store.
The focus of the investigation remained inside the jewelry store. Police are not saying how the Caucasian man died. There was one homicide officer on scene, as well as a few officers from the gang task force.
san francisco county, north beach, san francisco news, lisa amin gulezian
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday