San Francisco News
FBI to investigate SFPD officers in hotel drug bust
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- In the investigation of six San Francisco police officers accused in a possible cover-up, ABC7 learned late Thursday night that the FBI is getting involved. They will investigate possible civil rights violations and other potential crimes by the officers.
San Francisco's public defender says surveillance video from Henry Hotel shows an undercover officer entering a room without consent. In fact, the defender says officers may have committed perjury by lying in court.
The police department has launched an internal investigation and the district attorney is also looking into it.
The officers are on paid leave.
SFPD, Jeff Adachi, drugs, san francisco news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future 31 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 20 min ago
- Report indicates Mission Bay fire was accidental
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Deadline looms to complete Covered CA applications 35 min ago
- 'Shrimp Boy' pleads not guilty in corruption case
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos