San Francisco News
FBI to investigate SFPD officers in hotel drug bust
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- In the investigation of six San Francisco police officers accused in a possible cover-up, ABC7 learned late Thursday night that the FBI is getting involved. They will investigate possible civil rights violations and other potential crimes by the officers.
San Francisco's public defender says surveillance video from Henry Hotel shows an undercover officer entering a room without consent. In fact, the defender says officers may have committed perjury by lying in court.
The police department has launched an internal investigation and the district attorney is also looking into it.
The officers are on paid leave.
SFPD, Jeff Adachi, drugs, san francisco news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Helen Mirren steps in to help grant dying boy's wish
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday