San Francisco News
Computer glitch blamed for Clipper card overcharges
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It appears a computer glitch is to blame for overcharging more than 100 Clipper card users in February.
As many as 150 riders were overbilled on their Clipper cards. Those overcharges totaled more than $14,000. A spokesman for the MTC says all the customers have been reimbursed.
The card is a universal transit card used for several Bay Area agencies.
transportation, muni, BART, SFMTA, san francisco news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M 47 min ago
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 28 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Big-rig accident blocks WB I-580 lanes in Pleasanton 59 min ago
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday