San Francisco News
Remains of old shipwreck resurface at Ocean Beach
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The remains of a 133-year old clipper ship have resurfaced at Ocean Beach.
It is the wreckage of the King Philip, a clipper ship that ran aground in 1878. It occasionally surfaces when winter storms and tides wash away the sand.
Helga Walther sent is these pictures via uReport powered by YouTube.
The National Park Service says the King Philip is the best preserved wreck of a wooden ship in the Bay Area.
ocean beach, uReport, san francisco news
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Elevator company cited in death at Levi's Stadium
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco 21 min ago
- MLB intends to ban plate collisions 42 min ago
- Spotify launches free mobile streaming service 56 min ago
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child 31 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world 18 min ago
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday