San Francisco News
Remains of old shipwreck resurface at Ocean Beach
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The remains of a 133-year old clipper ship have resurfaced at Ocean Beach.
It is the wreckage of the King Philip, a clipper ship that ran aground in 1878. It occasionally surfaces when winter storms and tides wash away the sand.
Helga Walther sent is these pictures via uReport powered by YouTube.
The National Park Service says the King Philip is the best preserved wreck of a wooden ship in the Bay Area.
ocean beach, uReport, san francisco news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos